This guide, the popular and the best Benjamin Moore white paint color for kitchen cabinets, will help you discover their collection of the best white paint color for your long awaited white kitchen. No matter what the size of your home is, whether big or small, the cooking area is and forever will be the most important part of every home. It is not only a place to cook your everyday meals but also a space that gives every family member a place to gather and be around with the people they love. It is a place where not only good food is created but also lasting family memories! Because of this, it becomes not only a place to prepare and cook meals but also the expression of every family’s lifestyle.
More and more people prefer to have a cooking area with comfortable seating areas as well as a good amount of storage cabinets and working counters to make their everyday cooking and gathering a breeze! Therefore, nowadays they are designed based on what works best for you and for the entire family. If having white cabinetry is something that will give a feeling of contentment and happiness while cooking your favorite family recipes, I totally understand you.
White color is still a popular choice by most people when it comes to the paint color for cabinetry. Even though people are becoming more adventurous when it comes to using colors in their home, there are still a large percentage of homeowners who prefer to have a white kitchen. Why? Because white is a color that will always stand the test of time and will always be in style! Having white cabinetry will make your cooking place have an open, bright and airy feel which makes the space look and feel bigger aside from giving your space a modern, stylish and classic look.
However, choosing the white color paint for your cabinetry may sound very simple but actually ending on the right white paint color is the hard part about the whole process of designing a kitchen. Fortunately, there are easy steps that you can follow to ensure that you end with the right color white for your space!
Understanding Paint Color Undertones
The white paint color, just like any other color, comes with different shades. The different shades are the result of a mixture of different colors. This is why there are some whites that look blue, yellow or pink in certain lights. Using different undertone paint colors can result in your chosen color appearing lighter or darker which makes any space look or feel odd. Therefore, it is important to use paint colors with the same undertones to achieve the cohesive look of your entire home. So it’s important to narrow your paint color options by selecting colors with the same undertone to avoid the nightmare of a mismatched undertone.
White Paint Color Design Ideas
- Avoid using bright white paint colors if the space has a poor source of natural lighting. The bright white paint color will cast a shadow which will make the color look dirty and dingy! Use white color paint based on your room’s orientation.
- Hardwood floors are a floor type that works well with any color white.
What Hardware Goes Well With White?
Basically all hardware finishes go well with white cabinetry just like your hardwood flooring. However, the type of hardware finishes will have a huge impact on the overall style that you want your cooking area to have. Below are popular hardware finishes that you can choose from to help you with your design style:
- Black hardware gives a beautiful contrast to white cabinetry. This is a hardware finish for transitional style kitchens or a modern rustic style kitchen.
- Brass hardware provides warmth and adds beauty to the crisp and clean look of your white cabinetry. It is an excellent hardware choice for coastal, traditional and modern rustic style kitchens.
- Brushed nickel hardware gives a clean, minimalist look that exudes a modern and timeless beauty. A great hardware choice for a kitchen with an industrial look.
To know the pros and cons of white cabinetry and click here to know the best white paint colors from Sherwin Williams.
Test Your White Paint Color Options Using Stick Paint Samples
To find the right white paint color for your cooking space among the most popular white paint colors, use stick paint samples. This stick paint sample will help you to read the paint color undertone and make it easy to do so. Compare all of your paint color options and test all them under different times of the day to see what color stands out best. Stick samples and natural light are the best tools that you can use to examine the undertones of your white paint color choices. A paint color that looks beautiful in natural light will also look beautiful under different sources of lighting or artificial light.
Test Your White Paint Color Options By Comparing It With Other Colors
Any white paint color will probably look plain when you are looking at it by itself. However, once you place your white color choices next to the other colors, you will be able to see its color undertones. For example, put the white color paint that you want next to a pure white color and you will immediately notice your white paint color undertones which could be green, blue, pink or yellow undertones.
Think About Color Temperature
Color temperature can affect the mood of any space and just like any other colors, white paint colors can have warm, neutral or cool tones. Warm tones are paint colors with orange, red or yellow undertones that tend to provide a cozy atmosphere. Cool tones on the other hand are paint colors with green, purple or blue undertones that make any room feel fresh and soothing. So whether your favorite white paint colors are under cool whites or warm white, choose your color wisely!
Choose Your White Paint Color Based On Your Room Orientation
The amount and type of natural light that a room gets matters as it has a huge impact on the undertones that come out of your preferred white paint color. Below are recommended white paints color combinations by Benjamin Moore according to your space orientation.
Best Benjamin Moore White Paint Colors For Kitchen Cabinets
If the room is facing north, most likely it will be the darkest room in your home as it only gets indirect sunlight. The light coming from this direction has the ability to make the room feel cold so it is recommended to use a warmer tone to give enough warmth to the room. Below are the white paint colors that offer different levels of warmth, depending on the lighting in your room:
- Cotton Balls OC-122
- White Chocolate OC-127
- Powder Sand OC-113
Tips: Bm White Dove OC-17 with semi-gloss or high-gloss sheen is the best white trim and ceiling paint that works well with the above colors for your north facing kitchen.
For a room that is facing south, it has a consistent source of natural light throughout the day which makes it the brightest room in your entire home. The warmer hues of the southern light will make the colors look brighter and the use of a white paint color with less brightness and has the right amount of warm and cool undertones will help to balance out the light. Below are the white paint colors that will work well with your south facing room that provide a different level of cool tones, depending on the lighting conditions or the amount of warm light that gets into the space:
- Decorator’s White OC-149
- Vanilla Milkshake OC-59
- Could Cover OC-25
Tips: Chantilly Lace OC-65 is the best white trim and ceiling paint that will works well with south facing spaces. It is also recommended to use paint with matte or eggshell finish to mute the light reflection and bring depth to your super bright cooking spacen.
For a kitchen facing east, the morning light will filter into east-facing rooms. However, afternoon light will be softer and less bright. As a result of the huge difference between the warm colors of the morning bright light and the cooler hues of the subdued afternoon light, the use of a white paint color with the right amount of cool and warm undertones can balance the eastern light that gets into your kitchen. Below are the best Benjamin Moore white paint colors for east facing kitchens that will keep your kitchen walls or cabinets looking clean with warm whites all throughout the day. Also consider using higher sheen for trim such as semi-gloss or high-gloss to brighten up the darker spaces.
- Simply White OC-117
- Mountain Peak White OC-121
- Mayonnaise OC-85
Tips: Chantilly Lace OC-65 is the best white trim and ceiling paint that will works well as it will give a bright contrast for muted eastern light. It is also recommended to use paint with semi gloss or high-gloss finish to reflect more light making the room look brighter.
For a west facing kitchen, it gets more indirect sunlight and has a somewhat duller light in the morning and a strong bright direct light in the afternoon. The light from this direction is generally warmer. Choose a white paint color that has cool-toned hues to balance out the light coming from the west. Below are Benjamin Moore’s white paint colors that offer varying levels of cool and blue tones to even out the warm light from the west:
- White Heron OC-57
- White Wisp OC-54
- Winter White OC-21
Tips: Chantilly Lace OC-65 is the best white trim and ceiling paint that will work well with the above mentioned white paint colors.
Other Popular Cabinet Paint Colors
White Warm Paint Color Options
These are white paint colors that have red, yellow or pink undertones and sometimes with a dash of orange undertones.
- Cloud white is more of a pure white than off-white that provides a clean look to any space.
- Sherwin Williams Pure White is a great choice for a white color paint that works well with gray colors. This is because of its warm undertones which allow it to complement with the coolness of the gray.
- White Dove is the most popular paint color used for walls, trim work and cabinets that are neither cooler white nor warmer white. It has the ability to provide enough warmth to any room. This also works well with marble countertops and stone which makes it a great white paint choice for kitchens.
- Swiss Coffee is another great cabinet color because it works beautifully with any earthy granite countertop and with other earthy or wood tones. This is also a popular color to use for darker rooms or rooms facing north.
White Cool Paint Color Options
These are white paint colors that have green undertones, blue or gray undertones and have the ability to make small spaces look and feel bigger making them the perfect choice for a wall color.
- Benjamin Moore Super White is a crisp white that works well with gray shades and cool undertones. It is the paint color that makes your space look cooler in the light from the early morning and a paint color that makes your space a little bit warmer in the bright light of afternoon.
- Benjamin Moore Oxford White has a dash of gray undertone that provides a cool and modern look to any room. This is great option when you are looking for a white paint that has a cooler white than Cloud White but has a softer white than Chantilly Lace.
- Benjamin Moore Frostine is a bright white that’s not too bright. It casts a shadowy look to give emphasis to the beauty of your architectural trim and paneling.
I hope that my guide, the popular and the best Benjamin Moore white paint color for kitchen cabinets, will help you to pick the perfect white color paint for you because having the color that you love for your cabinets matters!