The most popular and the best blue gray paint colors for kitchen cabinets is your guide to discover the perfect blue paint color for your kitchen cabinets. Blue is a color that most people consider as their favorite because of its soothing and calming effect while gray is the favorite color of most designers because the gray color works well with almost every color and with every style. So when these two popular colors, blue and gray, are combined, it will create a sophisticated, modern and fresh look and most importantly, a color that will work with any personal design style. This is the reason why blue-gray paint colors are so popular!
Blue gray colors are blue with strong gray undertones or a gray with strong blue undertones according to Wikipedia. However, if you are leaning toward a neutral side, choose a blue gray color that looks more grayish in color with a blue undertone. All colors with blue undertones are considered as cool tones that give a refreshing feeling and make any space feel bigger which makes them ideal colors for small spaces. This is the reason why cool color paints like blue-gray colors are the best colors for bedrooms, master bedrooms and bathrooms. However, blue gray colors are also popular paint colors to create a modern coastal vibe which makes them ideal for a front door, living room and even for kitchen cabinetry. It’s also a great choice for accent colors especially a blue gray color with a stronger blue undertone. This is the reason why you will see more and more kitchens with a blue island against white kitchen cabinetry.
Is A Blue Gray Color The Perfect Color For You?
Nowadays people are becoming more adventurous when it comes to color choices. Instead of using the classic colors such as a beige paint color for their living room and a white paint color for their kitchen cabinets, they use a different one. A color that makes a statement and matches with their personal design style. This is the reason why kitchen islands are painted with contrasting colors from the rest of cabinetry, lower cabinets with a dark color and the upper cabinets with a white color or with any neutral paint color while the interior doors are painted with a color that pops. This is becoming more and more popular. However, if you are the type of person that is not quite adventurous enough to use bold colors but want to add some color maybe to add a calming effect to your home, blue gray paint colors might be the great color choices for you. The use of a blue gray paint color is not too bright and not too bold but a color that will make a beautiful statement.
How to choose the right blue gray color for you?
Just like any other paint colors, blue gray colors come with various undertones and often it’s hard to recognize them. Understanding the paint undertones when choosing the paint color is very important to avoid ending up with a paint color that you did not expect or worse, a paint color that you hate. Therefore, it is important to do paint color swatching on your walls that you are painting. Using a stick sample or 5ft by 5ft size painted poster board and lot of natural light will help to read the undertones of your favorite blue gray paint colors. This means you need to compare all your blue gray color options and test all of them at various times of day to find the perfect blue gray paint color for you. The right blue gray color for you will be the blue gray color that looks beautiful at different times of the day because any paint color that looks good under lots of natural light will look even more beautiful in artificial light.
Why Is Blue Gray A Good Paint Color For Kitchen Cabinets?
More and more people are using blue colors for their kitchen cabinets because blue matches with most colors nicely and gray colors are probably the most popular colors combined with blue. These two color combinations will not only create a soothing and calming atmosphere but also add a nice touch of elegance to any space. Aside from that, blue gray cabinets works well with the kitchen having the following features:
- Traditional kitchens with crisp white walls, brown ceramic backsplash, farmhouse sink and with cement tile flooring.
- Transitional kitchen with limestone countertops, multicolored backsplash, under-mount sink, stainless steel appliances and with a light wood flooring.
- Kitchen with concrete countertops, a white stone tile backsplash, stainless steel appliances and with light wood beige flooring.
- Kitchen with quartz countertops, farmhouse sink, beige backsplash and with a medium-tone wood flooring or brown flooring.
- If you like the idea of having a natural wood cabinet in your kitchen, give it a nice contrasting element by painting the other kitchen cabinets with a blue gray color. Blue gray gray and wood tones are surprisingly pleasing to the eye.
- If you want to use your kitchen cabinets as a nice backdrop to highlight your beautiful bright backsplash, white countertop and beautiful dark stained wooden floor to create elegance in your kitchen, paint your kitchen cabinet with a darker blue gray color like Benjamin Moore Kendal Charcoal HC-166.
- If you are leaning towards having an eclectic kitchen design, all primary colors such as red, yellow and blue can work together. Therefore, if you choose to paint your kitchen cabinets with a darker blue gray paint color, paint your kitchen walls with yellow. Benjamin Trout Gray 2124-20 is a charcoal gray with a hint of blue undertone that works well with Benjamin Moore Weston Flax HC-5 a classic choice for a buttery yellow.
What Type Of Countertop Goes Along Well With Blue Gray Kitchen Cabinets?
White marble countertops are the perfect match for blue gray cabinets as they accentuate the beautiful marble veining. A white countertop provides a clean and classic look to any kitchen which makes a good compliment with your blue gray cabinetry. However, if your kitchen has tons of natural light and you want to bring some calming and inviting effects, a wood countertop can be a great option for you.
What Color Hardware Goes With Blue Gray Kitchen Cabinets?
Mixing brass, chrome and gold hardware are great hardware colors that work well with kitchen cabinets painted with any of beautiful blue gray paint colors. Accessorizing your blue gray cabinetry with these hardware colors will provide elegance and sense of style to your beautiful kitchen.
What Are The Best Blue Gray Paint Colors For Kitchen Cabinets?
Blue Gray Paint Colors Leans To Gray Note
- Benjamin Moore Boothbay Gray – This is a gray paint color and it has a strong gray undertone but looks more blue in certain lighting. This bluish gray looks feminine and looks beautiful on doors and kitchen islands. This is also a paint color that works well with Benjamin Moore Hale Navy.
- Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal HC-166 – This dark neutral color with rich, wide ranging undertones that work well with a wide range of colors.
- Benjamin Moore Gentle Gray 1626 – This color leans toward a pale blue shade with a gentle touch of gray, a color that almost looks like silver. This color blends well with most colors and warm wood tones.
- Benjamin Moore Arctic Gray – This is a cool icy blue gray with a hint of green undertone.
- Sherwin Williams Gray Screen – This is one of the most popular Sherwin Williams color paints because it works well with different rooms and looks beautiful with any source of light.
- Sherwin-Williams Silverstrand – This color will give a coastal vibe to any space because the color is airy and light
- Sherwin Williams Rock Candy– Rock candy is a light gray blue and under the pastel and white category. It has a soft and refreshing look.
- Sherwin-Williams Iron Ore – If you want a darker gray with a hint of blue note, iron ore is the best color for you.
- Benjamin Moore Pebble Beach – A stunning cool gray with light blue undertones which works pretty good with dark wood tones.
- Sherwin-Williams Online– This color has the ability to blend well with bold colors and with subtle materials such as marble. This color is not too dark but not too light, it has just the right amount hue which makes it a perfect backdrop to create a coastal theme.
Blue Gray Paint Colors Which Lean To Blue Note
- Benjamin Moore Santorini Blue – This Santori blue is one of the best blue gray paint colors for kitchen cabinets as it creates a coastal vibes to any space. It is definitely on the bluer side and works well with crisp white and warm wood tones. However, if you use this paint color on a space where there is not good amount of natural light, the gray side of this paint color will become more noticeable.
- Benjamin Moore Water’s Edge – Here is another color that works well with stark and wood tones which will give a nice coastal vibe to your space with a good pop of blue color. This water’s edge looks more pale blue but not on the baby blue side.
- Benjamin Moore Solitude – A blue gray color that gives a modern and fresh look to any space.
- Benjamin Moore Nimbus Grey – If you are planning to have a two tone kitchen, this nimbus grey paint works well with stark white and chrome finishes or silver accents. However, depending on the time of day and lighting in your own home, this color may look blue at one time and look moody gray at another times.
- Benjamin Moore Smoke – The color has a soothing and relaxing effect even though the shade is leans toward a cooler side. Smoke is under the light to medium gray category and has blue and green undertones. This works well when paired with crisp white, cream or warm wood tones. To make the color pop and to look sophisticated and elegant, accessorize them with gold accent hardware.
- Benjamin Moore Stillwater – Looking for a darker blue gray color paint? This Stillwater will definitely standout against white walls, white subway tiles or any walls with a neutral color palette. It is a color the will grab people’s attention and will definitely make a statement that you would like to convey.
- Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue – This color shows more of a bluer side in a room that has a ton of natural light and looks more gray if you use this paint in a room that has more artificial light.
- Sherwin-Williams Software – This is a great color for any space with tons of natural light. It is also a great color for your kitchen island if you want to create an interesting contrast against your white kitchen cabinetry.
- Sherwin Williams Serious Gray – One the best chameleon colors as the color changes depending on the time of day. The paint may look like a gray color on a space with a poor source of natural lighting but looks blue if the room has a tons of light.
- Sherwin Williams Passive SW 7064 – This has a soft gray color with soft blue undertones that works well with warm tones. This makes an ideal paint color for almost any room.
- Sherwin Williams Krypton, SW 6247 – A blue gray color that is more of a darker shade and leans toward the cool gray category and when paired with with paint, will definitely give your space a beachy feel.
- Sherwin Williams Misty, SW 6232 – Seems to be more in the light blue category with gray undertones
- Sherwin Williams Icy – If you want your kitchen wall color to create a nice contrast against white cabinets and black countertop, this icy paint color will do the trick for you and at the same time, create calming and soothing vibes.
- Sherwin-Williams Upward, SW 6239 – This color is light and airy and leans toward a blue shade rather than gray.
I hope that this guide to the best blue gray paint colors for kitchen cabinets will help you to decide the right color blue gray for your kitchen!
More Home Improvement Projects
- The Best Paint Finish And Colors For Your Living Room
- How To Arrange A Long Living Room; Tips And Easy Decorating Ideas
- How To Decorate Bathroom Counter: 6 Simple and Stylish Ways
- The Best Paint Colors For Staircase To Spruce Up Your Treads And Risers
- My Kitchen Remodel That I Personally Designed
- The Best Paint Finish And Colors For Your Front Door.
- Kitchen Remodel Plan Learned From Our Fixer Upper Home
- 10 Amazing Living Room Ideas Discovered From Our Small Living Room Remodel
- Master Bathroom Remodel:Tips and Ideas For Bathroom Remodeling
- Small Powder Bathroom Remodel Reveal