Are you looking for a super easy and very flavorful salmon recipe? Try my Easy Salmon Recipe: Steamed Salmon In Savory Sauce. A recipe that will only take you 5 minutes or less to prepare and requires 5 cooking sauces.
Try also my other salmon recipe Recipe For Salmon Soup With Vegetables: Fish Soup in Sour Broth.
How I Came Up With This Easy Salmon Recipe
I like to add fish to our regular diet and my husband and I both like salmon. One day, I was in the mood for a salmon dish however, I just wanted to cook the salmon the easiest way possible and I wanted it prepared quickly. So, I began to search on the internet and came across the steaming method. Then, an idea came into my mind to wrap the salmon in aluminum foil seasoned with savory sauces that are a staple in my kitchen and then to cook it through the steaming method.
I picked few cooking sauces and started to mix different combinations and voila, I was able to discover that soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, chili paste with a hint of sesame oil will produce a flavorful, delicious and tasty salmon dish. And that is how my Easy Salmon Recipe: Steamed Salmon In Savory Sauce was created.
Preparing the Steamed Salmon In Savory Sauce
- Make sure that you have fresh salmon fillet, it should be free from any brown spots, discoloration, smooth, firm and shiny. Do not remove the skin, pat the salmon to dry then set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Fill up the the steaming pot with at least 2 inches of water and bring it to boil.
- Line the steaming basket with heavy duty aluminum foil and pour in a tablespoon of the savory sauces mixture.
- Place the salmon fillet on top of the cooking sauce and then pour the remaining mixture on top of the salmon.
- Fold the aluminum foil to cover the salmon securely to make sure that there is no sauce leakage during the steaming process.
- Cover the steamer and cook the salmon for 20 to 22 minutes or until the salmon’s internal temperature reaches 145 to 150 degrees F.
I hope you give my Easy Salmon Recipe: Steamed Salmon In Savory Sauce a try. A recipe that is not only super easy to make but also healthy, flavorful and a delicious dish. Let me know what you think.. Enjoy Cooking!
Easy Salmon Recipe: Steamed Salmon In Savory Sauce
- 1 lb. salmon fillet with skin on
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and set aside.
- Fill the steaming pot with 2 inches of water and bring to boil.
- Line the steaming basket with heavy duty aluminum foil and pour in a tablespoon of the sauce mixture.
- Place the salmon on top of the sauce and then pour in the remaining sauce. Fold the packets and close them.
- Place the steaming basket in the steaming pot, cover and cook at medium to medium low heat for about 20 to 22 minutes or until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 145 to 150 degrees F.
- Serve with steamed rice or angel hair noodles.