This guide, how to decorate bathroom counter: 6 stylish and easy ways, will help you to learn how to dress up your bathroom counter. It will not only make your bathroom look more appealing but will also give you the type of feeling that you would want your bathroom to have. Any room that is well organized and decorated is not only aesthetically pleasing but also becomes a more functional space as it promotes creativity and productivity.
The bathroom is one of the most important parts of your home as it serves a critical hygiene function and is also a place where you can unwind while taking your bath or a shower. It stores your personal stuff such as for grooming, bathing and everything that you need to start and end your day right. Bathrooms that are clean, organized and beautiful will not only influence you to start your day with a positive attitude but also help you to end your day with gratitude and relaxing thoughts. For these reasons, there is a great need to make your bathroom clean and organized as well as making your bathroom a beautiful space to be!
When you walk inside a bathroom, the first thing that you would see in the most common bathroom layout, is the bathroom counter. Therefore, it is necessary that your bathroom counter be attractive and cluttered -free to make the bathroom counter a functional space. Keep in mind that having a beautiful bathroom is more than simply adding a decorative tray, art work, customized hand soap dispenser and so on. It is also about keeping your bathroom clean and free from any visual clutter. To make your bathroom more aesthetically appealing, there are several important aspects that you need to consider. You want a bathroom that is clean, organized and one that has the correct decor. Each of these are important aspects of achieving your goal to have the bathroom you have always wanted. Below is a quick guide on how to decorate your bathroom counter and to make your entire bathroom a beautiful place to be! Click here to discover more bathroom decor ideas.
6 Stylish And Easy Ways On How To Decorate Your Bathroom Counter
Accessorizing your master bathroom or any room will make the room look finished and make your bathroom feel integrated with the entire home. Below are the basic rules of thumb on how to decorate your bathroom counter by adding accessories.
- Consider your bathroom’s primary colors when choosing the color of your bathroom decor. Since colors influence how you will see patterns. Keep in mind, contrasting colors bring in energy, while lighter colors or colors that are close to one other have a calming effect. See, 84 Beautiful Inside Front Door Paint Color Ideas to learn about different color schemes
- Consider your everyday use items that you would want to have easy access to such as soap, cotton balls, lotion, towels, your favorite lipstick and favorite skin care. Once you have identified those items, look for organizers for these items )depending on your personal preference) that will incorporate your personal style whether it is glam, rustic, elegant, relaxed, cozy or elegant. Keep in mind that you cannot keep all of your essentials on the counter or else your counter will look like a storage space. Below are some creative ideas to store and arrange your everyday bathroom essentials that will also make a great addition to your bathroom decor:
- Use different sizes of apothecary jars to store you cotton swabs, cotton balls and bath salts. Using glass jars as storage is actually one of the best strategies to store these type of items because it allows you to keep these items within your reach and at the same time provides a good sense of style in your bathroom.
- Use counter organizers or acrylic cosmetic organizers that exude sophistication to store your makeup brushes, your favorite lipstick and selected beauty products.
- Utilize a soap and lotion dispenser that incorporates your style or if you have a double-sink vanity and prefer a block of soap, buy a matching decorative soap dish. The best bathroom counter decor is when style meets functionality which kills two birds with one stone. You will able to store your everyday essentials with style.
- Want easy access to your facial tissue? Store them inside a beautiful tissue box cover and place them on top of your vanity countertop.
- Corral your extra towels or hand towels inside a woven basket. Baskets are always considered one of the best organizers that you can use as they provide visibility and accessibility to all of the stored items. At the same time, they also add texture into any space. A woven or decorative basket is a nice organizer to use to store all of the bathroom essentials for your house guests such as bath and hand towels, tissues, hand soap and others. This will also help to keep your guest bathroom to not only to look neat and tidy but also be very stylish.
- When you come to a point that you need to choose between function and style, always choose function over style. If you have a small bathroom and the bathroom countertop is the only space to store your tooth brushes, then store them in decorative decor.
- Consider adding some items that you love like candles and plants. Adding candles to your bathroom is an inexpensive way to create a spa like atmosphere while adding plants will help to bring a natural vibe that every room needs.
- Once you have identified how you would want to store and display your everyday bathroom essentials, use a decorative tray to contain these groups of items together. The size of the tray will be dependent on the available space on your counter and the number of items you are planning to put inside the tray. The usage of trays will help you to display your bathroom essentials and decor without making your bathroom counter look cluttered. Below are some of the basic guidelines when grouping items together in order to create a stylish arrangement:
- Items with similar shapes, colors, themes and other similar attributes or unifying elements can be grouped together.
- Combining similar items with various heights and width to form a pyramid shape will create great visual interest to any room. The pinnacle of your pyramid will be a tall or big accessory item, while the body and base of the pyramid will be filled in with smaller items.
- Grouping your objects in odd numbers will create a more beautiful arrangement than a group of object in even numbers.
- Avoid using small accessories because it will make your space look cluttered.
- Place your decorative tray containing your essentials, candle and small plant in an accessible location. For example, if you have double sinks in your vanity and you are sharing essentials with your better half, place the tray in the middle.
- Add wall art or framed photos above the towel bars and embellish them with beautiful hand towels. Hanging luxurious towels such as bath towels and hand towels in a decorative way can revamp your bathroom in an instant. Use sets of towel with colors that will complement or blend well with the color schemes of your bathroom and with your bathroom decor. Below are a number of ways to display towels that can help to improve the appearance of your towel bars or rack:
- Hang towels with style – Layer bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths in contrasting colors.
- Roll towels like a spa – Using a basket to hold a collection of wrapped towels creates a very attractive impression.
- Lay an appropriate size rug in front of the bathroom sink to define and warm up the space while adding a decorative touch to your bathroom. Remember, small rugs have the ability to make any space look smaller.
Quick Guide To Make Your Bathroom A Beautiful Place To be
How To Decorate Your Bathroom Counter and Make The Entire Space Aesthetically Appealing And Feel Like A Spa
- Adding some artwork into your bathroom – This will add additional layers of interest and will give a welcoming feeling into your bathroom.
- Use neutral color schemes – White bathrooms exude brightness, purity and cleanliness just like a spa. Using a neutral color palette for bathroom cabinets, bathroom accessories and decor such as white towels will do the trick for you. As you can see in the picture above, you do not need to have a big bathroom to achieve a spa like bathroom, all you need is to use a neutral color palette which is mostly white.
- Use a decorative cohesive dispensers for your hand soap, lotions, shampoos, facial soap and other hygiene products. You will shocked at how your bathroom appearance improves. This is a design approach that’s so easy to implement and yet has a big impact.
- Use hand towels as decor – If you have a small and narrow bathroom using a decorative hand towels can improve your bathroom esthetic.
- Use a good scented candles – Candles have the ability to not only transform your bathroom into a relaxing space but will instantly lift your spirits and help you relax after a long day.
- Decorate your window with a flowing curtain – If you have a bathroom window, consider using flowing curtains as these create a sense of flow and graceful movement or use a decorative shower curtain if you do not have window.
- Add ambient lighting – Add dimming lights to make your bathroom space cozy.
- Replace your old fixtures – This is a simple way to upgrade the look of your bathroom if you do not have much space for decor. To do this replace your old faucets with elegant ones. Stylish faucets will definitely add elegance and style into any bathroom.
- Reduce visual clutter and clean your bathroom on a regular basis.
Do you have an older homes with original pink tiled bathroom counter top?
- Use accessories with colors that will tone down the pink color or colors that are analogous to pink which could be peach and lavender. Analogous colors such as peach or lavender have the ability to tone down or lessen the strong presence of a dated pink tiled counter and will give your bathroom a modern vintage feel rather than an outdated plain bathroom.
What are the things that you should get rid off in your bathroom?
- If you have just moved in into an older home and it has a carpeted bathroom floor, you might want to put the removal of the carpeted floor as your number one thing to do on your priority list. The bathroom carpet is bound to get wet from steamy vapors from the shower and water pouring off your body. The carpet will then soak up all the moisture which is bound to form mildew and mold.
- Do not use a small bath mat or small rug! Small rugs will make your bathroom feel smaller and look cluttered.
- Remove your plunger.
What are bathroom items that you should not display on your bathroom counters?
- Bathroom cleaning products or any household products.
- Personal toiletries such sanitary napkins, shaving supplies, deodorant, brush and other hair tools.
Bathroom Counter Decor Ideas
Below are some of decor ideas that will give you inspiration on how you would want to decorate your bathroom counter:
Candles and a bottle of bath salts next to a roll of towels creates a spa like atmosphere.
If your bathroom has a darker color scheme, a white floral arrangement can be a great addition to your bathroom as it will brighten up the space. Place them in front of the mirror to double its beauty. No matter what your bathroom style is, fresh flowers will add instant life into your space. A small plant like succulents will be also a great bathroom decor as it gives a natural vibe due to their natural textures and colors.
No cabinet space and no counter space? Utilize the space underneath your pedestal sink basin to store your toilet paper using a decorative basket. Take some space on your sink to place your hand soap and small plant on top of a small cake stand.
If counter space is not a problem and have a double vanity mirror, place your tray containing your essentials in the middle together with some floral arrangement, decorative countertop mirror and artwork will make your bathroom vanity stand out.
I hope that my guide on how to decorate bathroom counter inspires you and give you confidence to decorate your counter with a style.
More Home Improvement Projects
- Upper Kitchen Cabinet Dimensions: Guide To Standard Kitchen Cabinet Sizes
- The Best Paint For Trim And Cabinets
- The Most Popular And The Best Blue Gray Paint Colors For Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Paint Finish And Colors For Your Living Room
- How To Arrange A Long Living Room; Tips And Easy Decorating Ideas
- How To Decorate Bathroom Counter: 6 Simple and Stylish Ways
- The Best Paint Colors For Staircase To Spruce Up Your Treads And Risers
- My Kitchen Remodel That I Personally Designed
- The Best Paint Finish And Colors For Your Front Door.
- Kitchen Remodel Plan Learned From Our Fixer Upper Home
- 10 Amazing Living Room Ideas Discovered From Our Small Living Room Remodel
- Master Bathroom Remodel:Tips and Ideas For Bathroom Remodeling
- Small Powder Bathroom Remodel Reveal