This One Sheet Pan Chicken Recipe with Potatoes is healthy and very easy to prepare. It is a recipe that uses simple ingredients (mostly pantry staples) and only requires 10 minutes or less of hands on preparation which make this recipe a great one pan dish to please your loved ones.
I will give you a little bit of a background as to how I came up with this recipe. I am not a chef nor an expert of anything related to food. All I know is that I learned how to love cooking and I’m really adventurous when it comes to food. I like to try different foods from different cultures so I like to watch cooking shows and browse Pinterest to look for new and easy recipes that I can try. Since I do these things, I learn how to recreate the recipes that I find from these platforms to make them my own. My One Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes is one of them!
This chicken recipe was inspired by my two favorite recipes that I found from watching the show, The Kitchen and Valerie’s Home Cooking, which are Salt Potatoes with Butter and Chives and Sheet Pan Vinegar Chicken. When I first saw these two recipes, I was immediately interested and I wanted to try them both because each is easy to prepare and really look delicious. In the end, I was right they are easy and delicious recipes and since then, they have become family staples.
On a fairly regular basis, we will host a simple family gathering in our house and most of the time, I will serve meals that I recently discovered. The tradition of serving meals that my in-laws have never tried before was started when I cooked a meal for them for the first time and I served the famous Filipino Chicken Adobo. I was so surprised that they liked it! Since then, every time I find a new recipe and we like it, that recipe will be soon served at upcoming family gatherings and the salt potatoes and sheet pan vinegar chicken recipes is one of them.
In one of our family gatherings, I decided to serve the sheet pan vinegar chicken together with salt potatoes and some roasted vegetables because I wanted it to be a healthy but low carb meal at the same time. It was a perfect combination because my family really enjoyed their food without feeling guilty. After that, whenever I cook Sheet Pan Vinegar Chicken, I always served it with Salt Potatoes. That’s when an idea came into my mind to combine these two recipes into one. I started experimenting in the kitchen and that is how my One Sheet Chicken with Potatoes recipe was born!
My One Sheet Chicken recipe is one complete meal cooked in one sheet pan. It is very easy to make, delicious and even better the following day. Here are a number of reasons why you are going to love my One Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes:
- It’s super easy to make and only requires a minimum amount of your time and effort.
- The ingredients are common pantry staples which make it an ideal recipe to cook when you have unexpected guests to feed for dinner.
- It is easy and yet packed with deliciousness.
- It’s a quick meal to prepare and yet it will give an impression to your family and friends that it took a lot of effort to prepare it.
- You only need one sheet pan to cook a complete meal. Easy clean up!
So what do you think? Is my recipe worth a try?
One Sheet Pan Chicken With Potato
- 4 pcs. chicken thigh bone-in
- 10 pcs petite golden potato thinly sliced
- 1/2 whole red onion cut into a big chucks
- 15 oz. can of whole tomato
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1/3 cup Castelvetrano olives pitted
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F.
- Slice the petite golden potatoes thinly.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and grease it with cooking oil spray. Then arrange the slices of potatoes in a single layer on a greased pan. Brush the slices with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Unload the baking sheet with roasted potato and then turn up the oven temperature to 450 degree F.
- Arrange the chicken with skin down and onions on top of the potato. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive and sprinkle with the smoked paprika and salt and pepper. Add the vinegar on the baking sheet, then roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the can of whole tomatoes while reserving 1/4 cup of the tomato juice then cut the whole tomato into quarters.
- In a small bowl, toss the quartered tomatoes, reserved tomato juice, olive, garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Add the mixture to the baking sheet with the roasted chicken and potatoes, bake for another 10 minutes.
- Then flip the chicken over and continue to roast for another 5 minutes or until it cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with potatoes and other vegetables and juices from the baking sheet.