The easy ground beef and mixed vegetable skillet recipe is a tomato based dish cooked with ground meat, bell peppers, potatoes, carrots and seasonings. This is one of many ground beef recipes that is also considered as an easy one-pot meal. All you need is a deep large skillet or Dutch oven to cook a complete meal. This ground beef skillet recipe has the 4 main components of a well-balance meal such as protein, vegetables, carbohydrates and fat, which also make this an easy recipe to cook for the whole family for a busy weeknight dinner.
Most of the ground meat dishes with vegetables that mix in things such as potatoes, green beans, peas, green pepper and so on are usually easy recipes to make and recipes that can feed a crowd without hurting your wallet. Especially now a days when you go to the grocery store. If you’re been to the grocery store lately you probably noticed that everything went up in price. This means there is a great need to be very careful what you are buying for and having good meal planning will help you to achieve that. Fortunately, there are a lot of recipes available to you that are not only easy to make but they’re ideal for a quick dinner meal as well as being affordable. This easy ground beef and mixed vegetables skillet recipe is one of them.
This recipe is not only a delicious recipe but is also a recipe that you can easily make. With a few simple changes, you can make it suitable to your family’s taste palate. This is also a great dish just to make use of the available ingredients you have in your fridge. For example, you can use ground chicken instead of ground beef in this recipe or use extra-lean ground meat or you can add peas. You can even use green bell pepper instead of red bell pepper. This is also the reason why it has become one of the staples and comfort foods for most families. Below are other ground beef recipes with mixed vegetables that are loaded with flavors and easy to make.
Ground Beef Recipe: Filipino and Cuban Style Picadillo (a Filipino and Cuban fusion beef dish)
Meatball Soup With Vegetables Recipe (an easy vegetable beef soup)
Recipe For Plantain Lasagna with Ground Beef (inspired by Puerto Rican Plantain Lasagna and Filipino Beef Picadillo)
How To Make The Easy Ground Beef And Mixed Vegetables Skillet Recipe
- 3 pound of ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup of diced potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1 whole red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 pcs. of dried bay leaf
- 3 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water or chicken or beef broth
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Dry the ground meat by placing it on top of the paper towels and allow the meat to come to room temperature.
- To brown ground beef, heat the oil over over medium-high heat in a deep large skillet. Add the meat into the skillet and season with 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Using a spatula, spread out into the skillet and allow the meat to develop a brown crust before you flip it and begin breaking it into smaller pieces if you prefer your ground meat to have some texture. However, if you prefer ground meat to have a finer texture, start breaking it into smaller pieces while you are flipping the meat continuously.
- Continue to brown the meat for a 8 to 10 minutes or until all of the pieces have turned to a golden brown color. Then drain any extra fat to keep your dish from being too greasy.
- Next, stir the onions and garlic into the mixture while stirring continuously for about 2 minutes or until the onions get softened. Then add the carrots and potatoes into the mixture and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir continuously for about 3 minutes. Next, add the 3 tablespoon of tomato paste into the mixture and continue to cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, 1 cup of water or beef or chicken broth and the remaining ingredients (except the bell pepper and lemon juice) into the mixture. Cover and bring to a boil, then turn to medium heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, then add the bell pepper and lemon juice into the mixture. You can adjust the seasonings if needed. Continue to cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the bell peppers are tender but still crisp and the potatoes and carrots are softened.
- Turn off the heat and serve this easy beef with mixed veggies dish with white rice and enjoy your dinner time with your loved ones.