One Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe: Asian Rice Porridge
My One Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe: Asian Rice Porridge was inspired by Arroz Caldo, a Filipino dish Cabbage Porridge Recipe and Korean dish. It is very easy to make and a very healthy meal.
- 4 pcs. chicken thighs bone in and with skin pat to dry
- 2 inch fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 pcs. green onions thinly sliced
- 2 pcs. garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth less sodium
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white rice
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper or more to taste
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 head medium cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots cut into small cubes
Combine the chicken, chicken broth and water in a large cooking pot. Add the ginger, green onions, garlic, ground pepper, salt, fish sauce and rice. Cover the pot and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, for approximately 20 minutes.
Uncover, stir in the cabbage, carrots and sesame oil. Cover and simmer for additional 30 minutes or until the mixture becomes creamy and the rice has completely broken down and the mixture is creamy.
Turn off the heat and serve in bowls and top with green onion and a squeeze of lime.